Saturday, September 9, 2017

Bats for You

For day 9 of the coloring challenge, I had fun with a sweet Halloween digi from Bugaboo.



I had already printed out the scene for this sweet Mummy and the Bat, but wanted to use Distress Oxide inks for the background. And, I had only printed one of the scene.  I thought I would share my process for inking up the background using Post-it notes.


 I simply laid a Post-it note on top of the scene, and traced the outer edge. While tracing, I made sure the sticky edge was included -so the mask I make will stick to my image. I can then trim the mask and start inking up.


 If you cut it out so that there is white showing around your image, just reposition the mask to the edge and ink up that little section to darken it.

I used Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet and then Black Soot Inks on the top portion of my card.

I left the bottom where the ground meets the sky on the post it note until I was done inking up the sky. I just trimmed it off straight across the post it note.  I inked up the bottom using Cracked Pistachio which was bright, so added Peeled Paint to tone it sown,  Over that, I added a touch of Wilted Violet and finally, used Black Soot over it.  I added a spider in the bottom Lt of the scene- you may be able to see it- if not, for sure the eyes : )

I added droplets of water and shimmer spray. I punched out white shimmer paper stars and also added white dots. I added a fence from an older SU set too.

Coloring- just a touch of W1 and W3 copics on the boys face, and C1, C3, and C5 on the bat.

Challenges:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies- Use a Critter- Entry #2
Bugaboo Crafty Challenges- Use Bugaboo image
Alphabet Challenge- M -Make your Mark- white paint pen marks on background and dashes of purple marker around the words of sentiment

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

7 comments:

Kim said...

This is so cute! Love your background.

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, this is adorable. And thanks for showing how you did your beautiful background.

Julie B said...

Fab masking and a gorgeous inky background.
Thanks for making your mark at the Alphabet Challenge blog. :)

Margaret said...

Such a cute card and I love how you did the spooky background. So perfect for this image. Hugs, Maggie

NanaConnie said...

Love your msking, Shelly! Fun little bat, my friend. :-D Love to see you playing in our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. We do love regular supporters. :-D Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Tammy said...

This is adorable Shelly! I love the fun Halloween scene you created and the gorgeous inky background! So glad you joined us over at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensational masking on this fabulous card!! I love the amazing spacey sky you have created for this adorable little astronaut!!