Monday, May 8, 2017

CYF-Comfort

 The Crafters of Faith is a group at SCS formed by Kelly Santi, and we have a monthly inspiration hostess in the group which 'jump starts' our creativity to create.

Our May hostess is Sue.  Here is her inspiration:

"Before the mountains were born, before you gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, you are God." Psalm 90:2. 

Whenever I feel like I can't make it through a tough time, I remind myself that whatever problem I'm facing is so teensy-tiny in the big scheme of things. God always was, He is, and He always will be...long before I was on this earth and long after I am gone. All I have to do is be still and let Him take care of things. Thoughts of His constancy comforts my soul, even in the most troubled times. 

Comfort is the key word for May. Make a card of something that brings you comfort. It can be a bowl of chicken soup, a fuzzy pet, reading a good book or spending time with a special person. 

My happy place/place of comfort is creating using new techniques or craft items. I have some new inks- Distress Oxide Inks : )  So, I played with mixing colors and created the background of a card.


 I used about 6 or 7 of the inks on my card, splashed on some water and then picked out a cardstock- I used SU Perfect Plum.  I used Copics to color the image and added Wink of Stella to the butterflies. I used a Copic marker to color the embossed and punched border- it was white and it was too stark.

HERE is the gallery at SCS for the May challenge cards from the other ladies in the group.

Challenges:
TBA

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

8 comments:

Barb said...

what a pretty card--I love the background and the sentiment is perfect!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hi Shelly how fun that you are playing with the new Distress oxides
Cheers
Dr Sonia

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful card Shelly!
oxo Susi

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your background turned out lovely. Love your stamp. Thanks for the link, I'm going back to look now.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Yes indeed and awesome card, Shelly, so try, Our God Faileth Not, a verse in Zephaniah, its mentioned how everything else in our life fails us, but there is always one Constant...our Lord!!! Praise Him.
Would love to know exactly how the ink hit the card, direct smooch from pad or from smmoch on mat?? Colours used???
Hugs Shaz.xx

Lynn McAuley said...

How gorgeous your card is, Shelly, and what an amazing scripture of comfort! Recognizing my place as a child of God has painted my life a beautiful hue!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, this is a beautiful card! I love your take on the theme!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.