Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oriental Stamp Art Butterfly Swap

 The Oriental Stamp Art Yahoo Group is very active for Mingles and Swaps.  I just received a Butterfly Swap I participated in- Here are the cards:
 I stamped the Butterfly image from About Art Accents, and colored it with Copics. I cut out the center image and layered it over a duplicate image- the top layer is popped up on dimensionals.The BG paper is red with Gold shimmer- it looks orange in the picture....The image has Stardust Gelli Roll pen added for accent.
How I cut out the center- I make templates of all of my die cuts:
 When I need to cut out a specific size, I can use the templates and do not have to guess.......
  Here is a picture of how easy it is to place the die over the image, I use a post it note to place the die just where I want it so it will stay in place (and I cannot find removable double sided tape anywhere), and cut it out- viola....done.....!
 You can see in picture #1 how I store my dies- a hard plastic DVD case with a magnet sheet that fits perfectly inside.

 Now, here are the wonderful Butterfly cards I received in return:
 This card was made by Sabine V


  This card was made by Mary R.

 This card was made by Sonia I.
Check out the inside:


And, one more:
 This card was made by Emilie Boyd.

 On another note- since Google reader is 'going away' July 1, I signed up at Bloglovin- I'd love it if you would come follow me- and let me know if you are there too, so I can continue to follow you there as well.

 Follow on Bloglovin

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

10 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo Shelley wow what lovely selection of cards you received great eyeful that is for sure, really love yours even though dont love orange at all :D - I follow blogs on my dashboard with blogger and so it is not going away when tried to join bloglovin' they popped up facebook link and did not want to use that.

although Google reader is going you still keep your followers, so can use dashboard to see who has posted, which to me seems a whole lot easier..?
love Shaz in Oz.x

Penny said...

Your Asian design is so beautiful, Shelly! Love the butterflies in the corners! Love your design, too! And you did get some fine cards in return! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Laura said...

Beautiful set of cards,Shelly!! Love your butterflies.

Anne Temple said...

Your butterfly card is stunning. Love the color combo. I'm on Bloglovin' too and am following you there as well.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow, what beautiful work by all the artists....luv yours GF!

Renee said...

Your design is awesome!! I love your style of stamping. Wish I could dedicate more time to trying this!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous design, Shelly, and I love the butterflies making the corners. Lovely exchange cards, too. :-D

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW!!! Shelly, you are so creative! Very pretty!!!

Terry said...

Beautiful collection of butterflies coming and going! Love the orange colors in your very pretty card! Enjoy the weekend!

Juliet A said...

Your use of dies and stamps is so clever - I really learn a lot from your posts!