Friday, December 28, 2012

Bloggers Challenge- Sparkle and Shine

 Sparkle and Shine is the challenge at Bloggers Challenge this week- and I have been missing joining in!  I made this card for my charge nurse at work:
 This uses a TJ technique called Mono Markers. I love the depth of color achieved!  I used an image by Sweet Stamps. I used Creative Inspirations paint Fairy Dust over the marker on the candle to add sparkle, and also added sparkle to the centers of the flowers. For the background of the candles, I added a sparkly/shimmery cardstock - the cardstock is slightly off white IRL.

 I am celebrating Christmas with my Family in my hometown of Kankakee, Ill Saturday. So, I am still singing Christmas Hymns and wrapping Christmas gifts : )  And, I may have to make some cookies tomorrow.......

 Challenges:
Bloggers Challenge- Sparkle and Shine
365 Cards #300- Light a Candle
Penny's Paper Crafty- Christmas
Pink Elephant- Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by! Shelly

17 comments:

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous- the colors are fabulous and love the gold accents~!

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful Shelly! Have a great time with your family! 0x0x

Penny said...

Shelly, this is just gorgeous! Love those candles! And I love your coloring & design, too! Hope you enjoy the rest of the holidays! :^)
Hugs, Penny

kiwimeskreations said...

This is a stunner Shelly and I love the rich colour you have achieved.
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous Shelly! Love the image and gold accents! :) Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*
*My Blog* - Stamp Smiles
*My December “All Heart” BLOG CANDY!*
Help me reach 1000 followers for another BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY!

Karli said...

Wow! Beautiful card! Enjoy family time :) hugs~

Laura said...

WOW!!! Stunning card! I love that stamp set. The colors are beautiful. Shelly I hope you have a safe trip and merry Christmas with the family!

Lynn Stevens said...

So pretty Shelly.
Have a Joyous New Year.
Hugs Lynn

Darlene said...

WOW this is just gorgeous Shelly!

jimlynn said...

WOW! Shelly, this is simply gorgeous!!! Stunning card.
Lynn

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done, Shelly! Love the colors! What a wonderful technique! Hope that you and yours have a very Happy New Year! :D

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful card! I enjoy your art and your FB posts. Happy new year and I do hope to post more in 13!

TesaB said...

What a beautiful card. Love the feel of glimmer and dimension!!!! Happy New Year!!!

Evelyn S. said...

Hi Shelly! Beautiful card...I can see that I need to check out the newsletter.

Helen said...

Beautiful - a really elegant card.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's and all the best for 2013.

Helen x

Deanne Saunders said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY challenge!!
~DEANNE~

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! The colors are beautiful!